Stitch a Day

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Celtic Knot Bookmark

The bookmark below is a pattern called Celtic Knot. This was challenging to me to work up because of the repeating pattern. Eventually I got out a marker and colored the places I had stitched on my pattern. It turned out very nice. I gave this one too my Mom. She really likes it. I finished the back with a piece of grey felt. That serves 2 purposes: 1) It makes the bookmark a bit sturdier and 2) it hides the ugly back of the piece! I'm makeing another one now...just getting started on it today. I'm going to use some fabric that I hand dyed myself. It came out too orange, but it will look good on a bookmark. This time I'm using black thread against the orange background. Perfect for this month, isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home