Stitch a Day

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Literary Cat

Below is a picture of my Literary Cat bookmark stitched for my EMS bookmark exchange. Today is the deadline for mailing, but since it is Sunday I'll have to send it out tomorrow. I'm very pleased with how this turned out. Instead of using a prefabricated bookmark form I stitched this on 14 count aida. When it was finished I folded the right side in and stitched it closed. Then I turned it right side out and stitched the tops closed. Then I frayed the ends to make fringe. This is the first time I had done this. I usually buy the prefabricated bookmarks, but all that I could find in Spokane were the ones with lace on them and I didn't want that for this project. Next time I will leave more room at the top for the fringe, but overall I am pleased.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home